Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) Simulation Engineer (Summer Internship)
This summer internship position is for current master and PhD students who seek to gain industrial experience and application development knowledge in biopharmaceutical industry.
Procegence is a global process modeling and simulation solution provider and have diverse projects in fine chemicals, bio/pharmaceutical, and food industries. As a consultancy firm, Procegence develops and deploys state of the art advanced computational technologies in: 1) data capture, integration and management, 2) first principles modeling and high-fidelity simulations for equipment and process design, optimization, and characterization, and 3) monitoring, prediction and optimization of large manufacturing processes.
As a CFD Engineer, the successful candidate is expected to use and deploy multi-phase CFD simulation as a core technique supplemented with models of transport phenomena, structural mechanics, reaction engineering, and cell physiology to develop and apply first-principles and mechanistic models addressing a wide variety of challenging problems across many functions.
- Degree in applied mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- Experience with CFD simulation software platforms, specifically STAR-CCM+.
- Familiar with distributed computation and HPC.
- Experience with data handling, postprocessing, and visualization.
- Capable of parametric feature-based CAD generation.
- Basic programing skills in C++ and Java.
- Moderate coding skills in Matlab and Python.
- Good interdisciplinary project management skills.
May-Sep 2021 (with the possibility for an extension and/or conversion to a full-time position).
Chevy Chase, MD.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.