Process Modeling and Simulation (Full-Time)
Procegence is a global process modeling and simulation solution provider and has diverse projects in various industries such as fine chemicals, bio/pharmaceutical, and food and beverage. As a consultancy firm, Procegence develops and deploys state of the art advanced computational technologies in: 1) data capture, integration and management, 2) first principles modeling and high-fidelity simulations for equipment and process design, optimization, and characterization, and 3) monitoring, prediction and optimization of large manufacturing processes.
As a Process Modeling and Simulation Engineer, the successful candidate is expected to use and deploy diverse simulation tools for multi-scale and multi-phase processes and equipment. The Process Modeling and Simulation Engineer should actively interact with internal and external counterparts to integrate progressive modeling approaches to achieve desired business outcomes. He/She will support the development workflows and methodologies for the efficient application and integration of process modeling techniques. The ability to work on multi-disciplinary teams involving chemists, analysts, engineers, and technologists, and to represent Procegence on cross-functional clients’ teams is essential.
- Master or PhD degree in Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- Proficiency at flowsheet software platforms, such as AspenTech and gPROMS.
- Experience with chemical and pharmaceutical processes and unit operations.
- Experience with numerical methods, data handling and processing, and algorithm development.
- Experience with process control, process optimization, dynamic simulation.
- Programing skills in C++ and VB.
- Advanced coding skills and numerical methods in Matlab and Python.
- Innovative mindset and ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to connect process design to complex process economic modeling.
- Good interdisciplinary project management skills.
Chevy Chase, MD.
Some domestic and international travel will be expected.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.